1. Data We Collect; Cookies
General Usage. We collect Usage Data when you use the Services or our website. Collection of specific Usage Data depends on the manner in which you engage with our website and the Services. For example, we collect Usage Data when you visit our website (such as the IP address or browser type) or provide Personal Data to us through our website (such as providing us your name, email address, or phone number); and we collect transactional information when you access or use, or attempt to access or use the Services (such as using the card to make a purchase). Usage Data may be personal to you or your Card, while other data may be provided to us by payment networks or other third parties. Collection of Usage Data is described in more detail below. We may also collect information about you from third parties that perform services and analytics for us. Such companies may include credit bureaus, data providers, fraud detection services and data analytics providers.
Using the Services. Our Services are for Companies to use exclusively by Company Owners and Authorized employees. We collect Personal Data from Companies and Authorized employees who control or open the Mercantile Account for the Company, and on specific Authorized employees who will be using the Services (such as collecting the name and email address of an Authorized employee who will be issued a Card). If you do not provide Personal Data when required or it is inaccurate, out-of-date, or unable to be verified, we may prohibit you or your Company’s use of the Services.
2. How We Use Data
Our Products, and Services. We will use Personal Data and Usage Data to improve usability of our website and the Services we provide to you. We may also offer other Services we believe may be of interest to you. We may improve usability of the website and the Services by analyzing how you interact with our website and the Services (such as analyzing how you use tools made available to you or which links you click).Providing Services. We will use Personal Data to provide the Services the Company, or its Authorized employees request from us. This may require us to share Personal Data with third parties to complete or evaluate the risk of transactions initiated using products or services we provide. We may also share Personal Data with Third-Party Service Providers as directed by a Company or Authorized employee.
Providing Services. We will use Personal Data to provide the Services the Company, or its Authorized employees request from us. This may require us to share Personal Data with third parties to complete or evaluate the risk of transactions initiated using products or services we provide. We may also share Personal Data with Third-Party Service Providers as directed by a Company or Authorized employee.
Usage of the Services. We will use Personal Data and Usage Data to understand how the Company or Authorized employees are using the Services and use this data to improve or change user experience. Usage Data may include location or mobile data used to service legitimate transactions, to detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized transactions, or for internal reporting or analysis.
Reporting, Analyzing, and Auditing. We or Third-Party Service Providers acting on our behalf, will use Personal Data and Usage Data for reporting, analyzing performance, and performing audits that may be limited to specific Personal Data or Usage Data, or that may be aggregated. This may be done by using Personal Data or Usage Data on its own or in combination with Third-Party Data.
3. Sharing Data
We may reasonably transform Personal Data into De-identified Data by anonymizing it or by aggregating or combining it with other data to mask its relation to particular individuals. De-Identified Data is no longer Personal Data and we may use De-Identified Data and share it publicly or with third parties without your permission.
5. Other Important Information About Data Usage
Data Security. We use organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data and Usage Data. Please contact us immediately if you believe that your Personal Data, Usage Data or any other data provided to us is not secure or has been lost or stolen.
Use by Minors. We do not direct any of our Services to children under 13 years of age. Please do not provide any children’s Personal Data to us.
6. For QuickBooks Connection Customers
When you integrate with QuickBooks on your card dashboard, you agree that we will have access to your QuickBooks Online data. You agree that our access includes pushing our card data for your cards to QuickBooks as well as pulling other information from your QuickBooks data. You agree that we can analyze this data to provide relevant/customized offers to you.
The data that may be pushed to QuickBooks by us includes:
• Your card transactions
The data that may be pulled from QuickBooks by us includes:
• Your expenses
• Merchant types
• Spending patterns
We will not sell any QuickBooks data to third parties. This authorization is to support our business activities only and we do not process any customer data on Intuit’s behalf.
7. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about how Mercantile uses Personal Data or Usage Data, please contact us. If you prefer physical mail, you can reach us at Mercantile Financial Technologies, Inc, Attn: Privacy, 169 Madison Ave #2035, New York, NY 10016.
8. Defined Terms
• Cards - physical or virtual credit cards issued by Hatch Bank and managed through your Mercantile Account.
• Company - a company that applies for the Services, opens a Mercantile Account, and that authorizes Users to access and use Services.
• De-Identified Data - data derived from Personal Data that has been anonymized or aggregated with other data and that can no longer be used to identify a specific individual.
• Employees - the employees, contractors, and agents of a Company.
• Mercantile Account - the corporate account maintained by Company to use Services and manage Cards.
• Services - create, order, and manage cards, redeem rewards and offers, and any other services provided through your Mercantile Account.
• Third-Party Data - data provided by financial services providers, identity verification services, data aggregators, or other Third-Party Service Providers.
• Third-Party Services - services provided by Third-Party Service Provider.
• Third-Party Service Provider - an affiliate or other third party that assists us in providing the Services to you, that supports our internal operations, or that provides other services related or connected to, or provided through the Services and a Mercantile Account.
• Usage Data - information we collect when you visit our website and use our Services, which may contain Personal Data.
Last updated: 08/2023