Consent to Receive Electronic Notices
You agree to receive everything electronically
You agree to receive electronically all disclosures, terms and conditions, communications, notices, statements, agreements, policies and other documents or information (collectively “Notices”) that we send to you in connection with your Mercantile account, Mercantile card or other business you have with Mercantile. You also agree that your electronic signature on agreements and documents has the same effect as if you signed them in ink. This consent applies to this transaction and all future transactions with Hatch Bank and Mercantile Financial Technologies, Inc. (together “us” and “we”).
We will provide these Notices to you by posting them on the Mercantile website, by emailing them to you, by texting them to your mobile device, by alert from the Mercantile app or by providing them to you inside the Mercantile app.
Notices may include among other things:
- billing statements;
- periodic or other disclosures, including prescreened offers, information about promotional financing offers, information about your account such as your interest rate or other disclosures;
- transaction receipts or confirmations – e.g., alerts from the Mercantile app about purchases or emails about scheduled payments;
- other documents we are required to send to you such as adverse action notices, tax documents, credit line changes, or other disclosures.
This consent applies to all Notices we provide to you, even if you have not been approved for a Mercantile card or downloaded the Mercantile app.
Minimum requirements for accessing Mercantile Notices
You will need:
- a mobile device running the most recent version Apple iOS or the most recent version Android operating system, capable of receiving text messages
- a computer, tablet or similar device with an Internet connection and a current web browser running 128-bit encryption: the current major release of Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Edge
- the ability to view Portable Document Format (PDF) files, such as the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader®
- a valid email address that will accept emails from Mercantile (if you use a spam filter you will need to ensure that Mercantile’s email address is in your contacts)
- sufficient storage space to save Notices or the capability to print the Notices
How to withdraw your consent
If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent, you can send us your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at Mercantile Financial Technologies, 245 8th Ave #1035, New York, NY, 10011. If you withdraw your consent, the legal effectiveness, validity or enforceability of prior electronic Notices will not be affected, your account will be closed, and you will be able to pay off any balances due under the terms of your agreement. You will continue to receive electronic statements until your balance is paid off.
How to receive paper copies of Mercantile Notices
You have the right to request any Notice covered by this agreement in paper form within 180 days of the date of the Notice. To receive a paper copy of any Notice that has been previously provided to you electronically, please contact customer service at email@example.com. A fee of $5 will be assessed per document requested in paper form. Future notices will continue to be delivered electronically unless you specifically inform us that you wish to withdraw your consent to receive electronic documents as indicated above.
How to update your information
You agree to keep us informed of any changes to your email address and mobile number so that you can continue to receive all Notices. If your registered email address or mobile number changes, you must notify us of the change immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you agree to this consent to receive electronic Notices
By signing up, you consent to the electronic delivery of all Notices. You cannot open this account without acceptance of these disclosures. You confirm that you have access to a mobile device that can receive text messages and satisfies the requirements outlined above; you have access to email and to a printer, or the ability to download information. By consenting to electronic delivery, you also agree that we will not be providing to you any future Notices in paper form unless specifically requested as discussed above.
You should retain a copy of this disclosure statement and all other disclosures for your records.
You acknowledge that we may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. If we make a material change to this policy we will also send you a Notice.
last updated: 12/01/2021